To safe time for new SharePoint Installations it’s a common way to integrate released service packs and CU’s to the rtm disc set. The process is very similar to the 2007/WSS 3.0 process. It’s recommended that you also integrate the foundation SP even if you use SharePoint Server. If you only use foundations you can skip the server download.
Slipstream SP1 (Foundation & Server)
- Extract the Server or Foundation ISO disc image
- Download SP1 for Foundation
- Download SP1 for SharePoint Server
- Locate the “update” folder of the extracted iso image
- Extract the foundation service pack to the update folder (in my case it’s located at D:\SPISO\EN\Updates)
- Extract the SharePoint Server service pack to the update folder
- Done. If you install SharePoint Server the update folder will automatically applied.
You can skip step 3 and 6 if you only have a foundation installation.